Live moss experiment by TerraLiving:
How do live mosses grow on a 3D Printed bio-polymer "pixel" system?
Important Note: Video taken for educational, visual satisfaction & relaxation purposes.
"So... why exactly are our live mosses NOT FOR SALE?
• Living materials with fog effects like these are transient, and we performed them under a controlled lab environment before we preserve them.
• Live mosses in lab environments don't always stay in fancy glass vessels too. They spend most of their time in incubators.
• Living art is temporary, and we can only capture its beauty in digital form to share with everyone.
• Live mosses are susceptible to environmental shocks such as a sudden change in temperature, humidity, and light intensity. Shipping a single piece is not impossible, but not a very viable situation.
• Any delay / unexpected events will cause them to be dead on arrival.
• Given that it arrives safely, you will likely kill it within a week - a maximum of one month, again, due to shock.
• Only ZERO Moss (real and rare moss species with complex biological needs in their preserved state from our lab) allows us to freely create any botanical sculptures we'd love too. They are clean and pest free, thus meeting biosecurity regulations in many countries. The possibility is limitless, and they can travel great distances across the world for those who are willing to support our work."